Restaurants and worms:)

I have been slowly incorporating learning "stations" into our Reading everyday. This involves one-on-reading time with me along with working as partners in "stations" that focus on phonics and reading skills.  

This is a word family station that uses mailboxes for sorting words and below is a word building station.
 
 The kids are doing a wonderful job staying on task with this new independence!

We spent some time this week making fall decorations for our classroom! These newspaper leaves will be made into garland and hung up all around the room.

 In Social Studies we discussed restaurant workers. Mrs Girod was kind enough to let us use her classroom for our "restaurant". The Kindergartners took turns playing the different roles of restaurant workers...waiter, cook, and costumer were the most popular! 

 Finally, and in my opinion, the highlight the week...we painted with worms! Our topic in Science was Alive vs. Not Alive, so I chose to use earthworms vs. gummy worms for our project. 
SO MUCH FUN! (and a little gross)
Lucky for me I have some brave students who carried the worms for me!


 After the worms had sufficiently wiggled around and covered their paper with paint, we used gummy worms to paint our own pictures. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment or leaves notes here!

Popular Posts